Apply to be an end-point assessment organisationEnd-point assessment organisationThis article sits within the End-point assessment organisation section
It may take us longer than 2 weeks to process end-point assessment applications. This is because staff are supporting other services.
We'll process applications as quickly as possible.
All apprentices doing an apprenticeship standard must complete an independent end-point assessment. Only organisations on the register of end-point assessment organisations (MS Excel Spreadsheet, 63KB) can assess apprenticeship standards.
The application has 2 stages to check that your organisation can assess standards. It usually takes us 2 weeks to review each stage.
Once your organisation has joined the register you can:
- apply to assess standards
- view your pipeline of assessments
- record assessments and apply for certificates
If you need to check the status of your application, contact us.
What you’ll need
You’ll need to create an account for your organisation. Before you start you must have:
- registered with the Information Commissioner’s office
- read the assessment plan for the standard you want to apply for
- been trading for at least 3 months
- read the conditions for organisations on the register
Stage 1 - about you and your organisation
You must provide:
- your company number and UK provider reference number (UKPRN) if you have one
- details of the person(s) with significant control (PSC) over the organisation
- details if any PSC has any criminal convictions
- a copy of your organisation’s most recent statutory accounts (or management accounts if you’ve been trading for less than a year)
Stage 2 – policies, procedures and evidence of capability
You cannot start stage 2 before we approve your stage 1 application.
You’ll need to tell us:
- when you think you’ll be ready to conduct your first end-point assessment
- the regions where you can conduct end-point assessments
You must upload your:
- Information Commissioner’s Office registration
- internal audit, prevent agenda, conflict of interest, safeguarding, fair access, complaints and appeals policies
- public liability, professional indemnity and employers' liability insurance
- monitoring procedures and processes
- consistency assurance for assessing a standard
You’ll need to provide 3 years evidence of your organisation’s:
- occupational competence for the standards you’re applying for
- experience of working in the occupational area for the standard you’re applying to assess
For each assessor you’ll need to include:
- what relevant skills, experience and qualifications they have for the area you’re applying for and the assessments they’ll be doing
- how you’ll keep their occupational expertise up to date
During your application we will ask you to agree to the ‘conditions of acceptance’. Once your application is successful, we will add your organisation to the register of end-point assessment organisations.
We publish the register on GOV.UK once a month, so your organisation will show after the next publication.
Last updated on