Apprentices returning to train in an educational settingCoronavirusThis article sits within the Coronavirus section
Following the Prime Minister’s announcement on 22 February 2021 from 8 March:
- All apprentices will be able to return to all educational settings except for apprentices in higher education (HE) settings.
- Apprentices in HE settings should continue to train remotely. Those who need practical training can return to HE settings to access specialist equipment and facilities.
- Apprentices undertaking higher and degree apprenticeships in further education (FE) and community settings can continue to undertake training and assessment on-site
- Face-to-face training and assessment can continue in employers’ covid-secure settings where it is safe and practical to do so.
- Training providers, employers and end-point assessment organisations should continue to judge the appropriate balance of on-site and remote training and assessment to provide high quality training.