Incentive payment for hiring a new apprentice - changes to your paymentEmployerThis article sits within the Employer section
Your payment amount may change if an apprentice has their 25th birthday before they start their apprenticeship.
We cannot make your payment if:
- an apprentice is on a break in learning
- an apprentice’s contract of employment ends before they complete 90 or 365 days of their apprenticeship
- the training provider does not confirm that the apprentice starts their apprenticeship and that they complete at least 90 or 365 days of training
- the apprentice started their contract of employment before 1 August 2020
When you’ll get paid
You’re eligible for the first payment after the apprentice completes 90 days of their apprenticeship training and the second payment after 365 days.
Before we can make a payment, we need your training provider to confirm whether the apprentice is still on their apprenticeship. Training providers usually submit information about their apprentices at the start of every month.
We'll start making payments from January 2021. It will take longer to get your first payment for any apprentices who start their training in August 2020.
For example, if your training provider confirms an apprentice started their apprenticeship training on:
- 1 August 2020 - we’ll make the first payment on 14 January 2021
- 4 January 2021 - we’ll make the first payment on 17 May 2021