Incentive payments for hiring a new apprentice - when you’ll get paidEmployerThis article sits within the Employer section
All incentive payments for hiring a new apprentice are paid into your organisation’s bank account. You can add the bank details when you apply for the payment or after you finish your application.
We’ll pay your organisation in 2 equal instalments for each apprentice. Before we can make a payment, the training provider must confirm to ESFA that an apprentice has completed:
- 90 days of their apprenticeship for the first instalment
- 365 days of their apprenticeship for the second instalment
You can view your estimated payment dates for each apprentice in your apprenticeship service account.
Why we might send the payment after the estimated date
We might send the payment after the estimated date if the training provider:
- does not submit their information on time
- gives us information that does not match what is in the apprenticeship service account (also known as a ‘data lock’)
- changes an apprentice’s start date
We also might send the payment after the estimated date if:
- an organisation does not add their bank details or if we have not confirmed them
- an apprentice takes a break in learning