Add PAYE schemes to your account
You need to add PAYE schemes to your apprenticeship service account for your organisation or connected organisations. We use this information to check that you’ve employed the apprentices you add to your account.
If your organisation or any of its connected organisations use different PAYE schemes, you can either:
- use one account with all of the PAYE schemes
- have a separate account for each PAYE scheme
You cannot add a single PAYE scheme to more than one apprenticeship service account.
If you remove your PAYE schemes you will not be able to use any apprenticeship service funds in your account.
You can add your PAYE schemes to your apprenticeship service account using either your:
- Government Gateway sign in details
- accounts office reference number and employer PAYE reference number
Government Gateway details
Your Government Gateway user ID is up to 12 characters long. HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) sent it to you by email when your Government Gateway account was set up.
If you lose or forget your user ID or password, you can reset them.
Where to find your PAYE reference numbers
Your accounts office reference number and employer PAYE reference numbers are on the:
- letter HMRC sent you when you first registered as an employer
- front of your payment booklet (or the letter from HMRC that replaced it)
The accounts office reference number is 13 characters. The employer PAYE reference number is 11 characters.