Add an apprentice or change their statusEmployerThis article sits within the Employer section
There is a similar article for training providers.
To add apprentices to your organisation’s apprenticeship service account you’ll need:
- the apprentice’s name, date of birth, unique email address and unique learner number (ULN)
- the start and end date of the apprenticeship
- the total training and assessment cost
- your training provider’s UK Provider Reference Number (UKPRN)
If you need to add multiple apprentices you can upload their details together.
Your training provider will also need the apprentice's National Insurance number to include in their submissions to us.
You can change your apprentices' details in your apprenticeship service account. This includes their name, date of birth and training dates.
Change the status of an apprenticeship
You can pause an apprenticeship if you need to:
- record a break in learning (that you’ve agreed with the apprentice and their training provider)
- temporarily freeze payments to a training provider
You can stop an apprenticeship if you need to:
- withdraw an apprentice from their apprenticeship
- change your training provider during the course
- cancel all future payments
Do not stop a completed apprenticeship.
The training provider must also record any changes in their Individualised Learner Record (ILR).
Give your training provider access
Each apprentice needs an approved training provider to deliver their training.
You can give your training provider permission to add apprentices to your organisation and set up payments. You’ll need to approve any information they give to us.