Recording a change of provider on the apprenticeship serviceEmployerThis article sits within the Employer section
We’ve made improvements to allow you to record a change of provider in your apprenticeship service account. If an apprentice continues their apprenticeship training with a new provider their details will carry over to the new provider’s account (including their personal details and the apprenticeship framework or standard they are on). The course cannot be changed as this is a continuation of existing learning.
Please note: It is important that you check that the apprentices’ details are correct before this action is taken. The apprentice details cannot be changed once the change of provider function has been used.
Follow these steps:
- Navigate to the ‘Manage your apprentices’ page of your apprenticeship service account.
- Locate the apprentice and enter their record
- Ensure the current apprenticeship has been stopped. If it is live, waiting to start or paused, stop it first by ‘editing the status’
- Select ‘Change’ in the Training provider row, this will allow you to enter the change of provider process
- Enter the new provider’s name or UKPRN and confirm that you wish to move this apprentice to the new provider.
- Once you have created a ‘change of provider’ request, the new provider needs to enter the new apprenticeship dates and price, and approve the change. They can access the request in the ‘ready to review’ section within ‘Apprentice requests’. The apprentice record will show ‘Changes pending’ in the ‘Manage your apprentices’ section of your account until the training provider has approved the change.
- Once the provider has entered the details and approved the request, you need to approve the details they entered. You can access this in the ‘ready to review’ section within ‘Apprentice requests’. The apprentice record will show ‘Changes for review’.
Last updated on