Change your apprentice's detailsEmployerThis article sits within the Employer section
There is a similar article for training providers.
You can change your apprentice’s details in your apprenticeship service account. This includes their name, date of birth and training information.
The apprentice’s training provider must approve any changes that you make.
Change the status of an apprenticeship
You can pause an apprenticeship if you need to:
- record a break in learning (that you’ve agreed with the apprentice and their training provider)
- temporarily freeze payments to a training provider
You can stop an apprenticeship if you need to:
- withdraw an apprentice from their apprenticeship
- change your training provider during the course
- cancel all future payments
The training provider must also record the pause or stop on the individualised learner record (ILR).
Do not stop a completed apprenticeship.
After you make your final apprenticeship payment, the apprentice will show as ‘completed’ in your apprenticeship service account.
Change an apprentice’s course details
You can only change an apprentice’s course details in your apprenticeship service account before the course starts. This includes the course name, type of apprenticeship, start date and planned end date.
If you need to change an apprentice’s course name after the course has started, you must:
- stop the apprenticeship and backdate to the start date
- get your training provider to update the ILR
- start a new apprenticeship with the correct details