Change your apprentice's detailsEmployerThis article sits within the Employer section
There is a similar article for training providers.
You can change your apprentice’s details in your apprenticeship service account. This includes their name, date of birth and training information.
The apprentice’s training provider must approve any changes that you make.
Change the status of an apprenticeship
You can pause an apprenticeship if you need to:
- record a break in learning (that you’ve agreed with the apprentice and their training provider)
- temporarily freeze payments to a training provider
You can stop an apprenticeship if you need to:
- withdraw an apprentice from their apprenticeship
- change your training provider during the course
- cancel all future payments
The training provider must also record the pause or stop on the individualised learner record (ILR).
Do not stop a completed apprenticeship.
After you make your final apprenticeship payment, the apprentice will show as ‘completed’ in your apprenticeship service account.
Change an apprentice’s course details
You can only change an apprentice’s course details in your apprenticeship service account before the course record is approved by you and the training provider. This includes the course name, type of apprenticeship, start date and planned end date.
If you need to change an apprentice’s course name after the course after the record has been approved, you must:
- stop the apprenticeship and backdate to the start date
- get your training provider to update the ILR
- start a new apprenticeship with the correct details
If you are using a funding reservation, discuss this with your training provider first. You will have to use a new funding reservation, from the current month. You cannot backdate this.
You do not need to amend the end date of the course in the apprenticeship service if the apprentice needs more time to complete their learning.
Last updated on