Register for an apprenticeship service accountEmployerThis article sits within the Employer section
All employers can register for an apprenticeship service account.
There are 3 steps you must complete before registering;
- register with HMRC and receive your PAYE number
- submit your first payroll data to HMRC advising them of your intention to take on an apprentice
- wait 10 working days
Only when all 3 actions have been completed can you register for an account.
You’ll need the sign in details for your organisation’s Government Gateway account (or you can use the accounts office reference number and employer PAYE scheme reference if your annual pay bill is less than £3 million).
You must use your organisation level sign in details.
You must link your account with every organisation that will make an agreement with your training provider. You can also give your employees different levels of access.
As an employer, you can use your account to:
- accept your ESFA employer agreement
- add your organisations contracting with training providers
- invite your employees to join the account
- add apprentices (you can also ask your training provider to do this for you)
- search for apprenticeships and approved training providers
- manage and view your transactions
- receive a transfer from a levy-paying employer
As an apprenticeship-levy paying employer you can also use the account to:
- add PAYE schemes (to make sure you receive levy funds)
- transfer unused annual funds to other employers
If your annual pay bill is less than £3 million, you can also use the account to:
- reserve funds and add apprentices (you can also ask your training provider to do this for you)