Resume an apprenticeship following a break in learningEmployerThis article sits within the Employer section
You can only pause, stop or resume an apprenticeship if you have one of the following types of permission in the organisation’s apprenticeship service account:
- Add apprentices and view information
- Accept agreements, view information and manage PAYE schemes, organisations, apprentices and team members
Resume an apprentice
Once the apprentice is ready to resume the apprenticeship, you should discuss this with your training provider to confirm the details.
You must tell your training provider before you make any changes, so they can record them in their ILR first.
The training provider will notify you to resume the apprentice on the apprenticeship service.
To resume a record:
- Find the correct apprentice and click on edit status. This should be showing as paused.
- At this point, you will have the option to stop the apprentice if they have left the programme completely and will not be returning at all
- If resuming the record, you will need to select ‘resume this apprenticeship’ and then confirm this on the next screen
- The status will now show as live in your list of apprentices
If you stop an apprentice record, you will not be able to restart it if this is incorrect.